Improves the mental health of individuals, couples, and families by providing services relating to an individual's mental health or illness.
1. Conduct intake assessments
2. Provision of mental health counseling to children, adults, couples and groups.
Will be counseling at the Reservation in Ibapah, UT 1-2 days a month (travel paid
for) and at our SLC downtown clinic the rest of the time.
3. Provide brief consultation and follow up visits related to suboxone treatment.
4. Coordinate care of patients with primary care providers regarding medication
and other physical health needs.
5. Provide behavioral health interventions related to a variety of needs such as
smoking cessation, medication compliance, weight control, etc.
6. Create case conceptualization based on appropriate diagnosis and best
7. Complete treatment plans and update them every 6 months or as needed.
8. Complete notes and reports in a timely manner (within 48 hours of visit for
9. Prepare and present outreach presentations as required.
10. Participate in the development of mental health programs to further the
health of the community we serve as assigned.
11. Participate in community outreach projects conducted by the clinic when
assigned or available.
12. Participate in weekly supervision meeting and other staff meetings as
13. For PhD applicants: administer, interpret, and write up brief ADHD and
14. Responsible to maintain licensure.
15. Other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION: Masters or PhD in a mental health field
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years clinical experience preferred.
1. Current Utah license in good standing.
2. Ability to maintain proper documentation.
3. Ability to work full-time.
4. Proficiency in electronic record keeping and utility of electronic resources.
5. CPR certified.
6. Experience with culturally responsive strength-based therapy preferred.