Improves the mental health of individuals, couples, and families by providing services relating to an individual's mental health or illness.
- Conduct intake assessments
- Provision of mental health counseling to children, adults, couples and groups. Will be counseling at the Reservation in Ibapah, UT 1-2 days a month (travel paid for) and at our SLC downtown clinic the rest of the time.
- Provide brief consultation and follow up visits related to suboxone treatment.
- Coordinate care of patients with primary care providers regarding medication and other physical health needs.
- Provide behavioral health interventions related to a variety of needs such as smoking cessation, medication compliance, weight control, etc.
- Create case conceptualization based on appropriate diagnosis and best treatment standards.
- Complete treatment plans and update them every 6 months or as needed.
- Complete notes and reports in a timely manner (within 48 hours of visit for notes).
- Prepare and present outreach presentations as required.
- Participate in the development of mental health programs to further the health of the community we serve as assigned.
- Participate in community outreach projects conducted by the clinic when assigned or available.
- Participate in weekly supervision meeting and other staff meetings as scheduled.
- For PhD applicants: administer, interpret, and write up brief ADHD and Neurocognitive assessments.
- Responsible to maintain licensure.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
DUCATION: Masters or PhD in a mental health field
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years clinical experience preferred.
- Current Utah license in good standing.
- Ability to maintain proper documentation.
- Ability to work full-time.
- Proficiency in electronic record keeping and utility of electronic resources.
- CPR certified.
- Experience with children preferred.