Responsible for all front office functions including customer service, patient registration, insurance verification, cashiering, appointment scheduling, answering telephones, filing, computer work, and handling medical records.
- Welcomes patients/clients/visitors, determines purpose of visit and directs them to the appropriate person or department.
- Checks in patients and properly documents registration.
- Verifies insurance and verifies patient demographics.
- Schedules, cancels, and reschedules patient appointments.
- Collects co-pays and cash from patients, gets authorization on credit cards.
- Enters charges, payments, and balances into the computer.
- Files and retrieves medical records. Copying and faxing duties.
- Practices and adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values Statement.
- Reads, understands, and adheres, to all Sacred Circle Health Care policies and procedures.
- Responsible for keeping patient waiting areas, office, and files clean and organized.
EDUCATION: A high school diploma or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of experience in a customer service or reception position, preferable in a medical office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment including fax machine, copier, computer, telephones, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effect working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Ability to speak spanish preferred.
*Arabic and Spanish speakers needed