Assists the Pharmacist with prescription processing and filling while also communicating with prescribers regarding patient medications. The successful candidate for this role will communicate with patients over the phone and in-person at the clinic to address customer service issues within the pharmacy. Additionally, our Pharmacy Technicians ensure that patient and prescription information are correct during each stage of the prescription filling process.
- Enter and maintain prescription data using pharmacy software and clinic EMR.
- Answer incoming phone calls and field patient questions.
- Clarify prescription information with providers.
- Disburse verified prescriptions to patients.
- Answer patient questions and address customer service issues when they arise.
- Assist the pharmacist with managing medication inventory and placing wholesaler orders.
EDUCATION: NABP or PTCB Certification.
EXPERIENCE: 4+ years of customer service required.
- Valid state license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
- Skills in verbal communication and customer service.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.